Mayne island integrated water systems society - general information
There are 14 organized water systems on Mayne Island, of which 12 are MIIWSS members .
• 2 CRD managed districts
• 4 private, either Societies, co-ops or strata holdings
• 6 Improvement Districts as regulated under British Columbia law.
In 2007, there were a total of 1035 lots within the 12 systems with 820 connected to the water supplied from 26 wells located in the general area of each system. The balance of the island is serviced by wells, either individually owned supplying a single residence, private strata, or unregulated communal wells servicing about 2 to 4 homes.
MAYNE ISLAND INTEGRATED WATER SYSTEMS SOCIETY
• A non profit Society under the Societies Act of BC
• Membership : 120+ individual memberships, 31 organized water systems( private, strata, societies and Improvement districts) across the Southern Gulf Islands and lower Vancouver Island, 4 societies and associations and 8 water related businesses
• Member of CWSA
• AGM: June 3rd 2017 (to be confirmed)
Bill Warning, Chair
Marie Elliott, Secretary
Diane Plucinak, Treasurer
- Don Sinclair, Don Berkeley, Directors
- Dave Allan, Community Representative
- Mary Cooper, Past President
•Annual Membership fees: Individual - $5.00
•Water Systems - $20.00
•Conservation Societies & Association: 'gratis'
•Water related businesses: See membership link for details
•For forms and details follow the membership link